Tuesday, May 15, 2012

11 Days Left

Well, well, well – I did it! I have pulled myself away from Netflix long enough to marathon blog my way to victory. I am a little afraid to look back due to awful grammar and punctuation issues that I am sure plague all of the entries, but it feels so nice to be completely caught up – this blog actually takes a LOT more effort and time (especially time) than I ever thought it would, and as getting as behind as I did it could have been so easy to quickly sum up my trips and move on, or just stop completely. But I didn’t! I know in the future I will be able to look back, read these, and be so happy that I took the time to do it. Also, I really would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read any of my posts, even if this is your first time – while I am doing this for myself, it makes me really happy to know that my efforts are also outwardly appreciated!

With that being said, I have officially 11 days left in Edinburgh. I really can’t believe it. I DON’T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. While I still have an exam left on the 22nd, I just plan on spending the last few days enjoying the city, being with my friends, tying up any lose ends, and spending lotssss of money. I don’t want to leave with any regrets. 


 


A lot of people have asked if I am sad to leave? Excited to go home? And I would definitely answer both. I know that while I will hopefully come back to Edinburgh in the future, it will never be the same as it is now, nor will I be with the same people. While that is really sad to think about, the only thing I can really say is, as cheesy as it is, would be, “that’s life.” When one chapter ends, another one starts. I know I will probably be sad and disoriented the first few days that I’m home, but I will be happy to be there too! It’s already getting a little weird now that I’m leaving SO soon, and as my mom can tell you too, I have never been a big fan of transitions.

Fear not, I still have one, or two MAJOR blog posts planned for the end of my time here. If it comes out like I am imagining it to, it should be the perfect end to the most amazing few months of my life.

Tracing – John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment