Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Braidburn Valley Park

Wow! What a great day! I have been a little annoyed since coming back from London and Ireland (obnoxiously long and detailed-filled blog post soon to follow) seeing as the internet in my room has decided to cease its existence, but today made me feel so much better! I have no class on Wednesdays so I woke up and fought with my computer for awhile. Annoyed with my flat, and the lack of technology in this country (spoiled brat, I know) I decided to go for a walk since it had gotten pretty nice out. Behind my building there is this area called “the meadows” which is exactly as it sounds: a pretty large park with different sports fields, playgrounds, walking paths, etc. I usually walk through a part of it to go to class, but I had never really been to the other side before – so I walked over there. After continuing through them I ended up in this adorable almost suburban-village area of the city. I couldn’t get over how cute it was. I wish I knew what the area was called, but do to my lack of internet I cannot look it up (I am currently typing this entry in a Word document). All I know is that all of the Lothian buses said “Hunter’s Tryst” toward the end. There were lots of families and old couples everywhere. It was so refreshing to find a part of the city that wasn’t really student or tourist based! By the time I got there, it was about the time that school was getting out and little uniformed children with adorable accents were all over the place. SO. CUTE. I felt like I was in a movie! It just seemed so livable, I LOVED IT (if you couldn’t tell already).  Since I was so infatuated and it was so nice out I continued to walk, and ultimately came upon Braidburn Valley Park. If I wasn’t completely sold before, that REALLY did it. This place was full of puppies and happiness!!!! Literally. Amazing.




I was pretty tired at the end and on my walk back rewarded myself with some carrot cake and a mocha from Choco-latte. Choco-latte is this unbelievably tiny, but overwhelming coffee/cake/candy shop across from my flat. Many people have told me to go, but I have been too scared of the money I’d spend going in. NOW I KNOW WHY! Amazing, and more importantly, inexpensive. Forget travel – I know where my money is going now.




Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
Regina Spektor - Real Love

No comments:

Post a Comment