Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Free Cone Day!

Yesterday was the ever-lovely, arguably-best-day-of-the-year Ben & Jerry's FREE CONE DAY. Every year, in April or March, Ben & Jerry's celebrates their birthday and gives free ice cream to all! The past two years, I have been in Burlington for FCD, the birthplace of Ben & Jerry's, so I was a little sad when I saw on Facebook, through other UVMers that I was going to be missing it this year...This did not last for long! When I went to see The Hunger Games last week, I found that there was a mini-scoop shop inside the theater...with flyers advertising FCD all over it!!! So, yesterday, in the SNOW, to free cone day we went! While there is nothing better than an over-flowing Davis Center of UVM students waiting for their ice cream, I have to say, Edinburgh was a little easier to love with their COMPLETE LACK OF LINE.

Normally I deal with this (although worth it):

This year I had this:

SCORE!
Now if only they had Milk & Cookies...
We actually all had two (I had Cookie Dough and Appley Ever After)...hahahaha...America's fat. We're allowed.

Yes, I did mention that is was SNOWING yesterday. I woke up to some huge flakes and figured they would stop. They didn't. It snowed all day! And it has actually snowed a little bit this morning too. Free Cone Day (a Vermont origin) and the first Scotland snow on the same day? Coincidence? I think not.

Led Zeppelin - D'yer Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment