Friday, April 6, 2012

Hoppy Easter!

I am sitting in Starbucks sipping on an ICED latte (still not the iced coffee I'm looking for - too milky), listening to the new M. Ward album and really just procrastinating as much as I can to avoid my finals, when I realized...it's Good Friday. Meaning, Easter, is this Sunday! That is pretty hard to believe. Granted last year I think it was at the end of April, I still feel like it is too soon to be here already. This is the first Easter I have not been at home - the past two, I have still made the trek home from Vermont even though we don't get any time off for the holiday (last year to get Aretha!). I am a very sentimental person, but as much as it's weird to be missing, I really don't care. Unfortunately, a lot of holidays have become semi-depressing in recent years now that there are no little kids around and a lot of the magic is gone ):

I will miss you even though you taste awful

Even so, a small piece of me will be missing the Kit Kats, Starbursts, Lindt chocolate bunnies (Dad's being white), and some Peeps I won't eat (only Conor will really understand those references) that I won't be getting on Sunday! Speaking of Peeps, they don't have them here!!! I am in the land of Easter candy (Cadbury EVERYTHING) and they don't know what Peeps are. I guess Peeps to the United States are like the Cadbury Creme Eggs to the United Kingdom. The staple of Easter candy. Which is actually pretty funny because I don't really eat either of them...Creme Egg McFlurry's are yummmmy though!...However, they do have Mint Aero lambs. Mint Aero is another candy the US is really missing out on. MMMMM.


Other than Audrey, all of my American friends' parents are here this weekend/week, or have gone home, so we will be left to our own devices for the most part. I guess that isn't so bad because I REALLY need to finish my two take-home finals before next Sunday as I will be leaving for BARCELONA, BUDAPEST, KRAKOW, AND PRAGUE (: (: (: Leaving the 15th and returning the 26th - Conor and Kayla will arrive the next day!!!!!! My finals are due the 30th. I really need to focus more. From this blog you can probably see that it isn't working out so well at the moment. Anyway, Audrey and I are going to go out to a nice dinner on Easter, splurge a little for once, and wallow in our family-less loneliness....Only a little though, haha, because what is there to be sad about really when you are living in EDINBURGH! Our Easter weekend is actually kicking off tonight with a little Titanic 3D hahahaha

A Classic.

M. Ward - A Wasteland Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment